COVID-19 Update: Soft Opening in May
Announcement for our Patients
We hope you and your family are all feeling healthy and staying safe.
At this time we are hoping to open with a “soft opening” in early May.
We will do our best to keep our patients informed and their questions answered. Please reach out before then if you need anything before we reopen. We are still checking email and voicemail daily and are able to take care of eye problems through telemedicine.
When we do open our doors, we will be implementing new practice procedures to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
- We will be seeing all patients by appointment only whether for an exam, follow-up, dispensing and adjusting glasses.
- For the indefinite future, we will be asking patients to remain in their vehicle and to call us upon arrival for their scheduled appointment.
- We will ask screening questions and update your chart while you remain in your car.
- When we are ready for your appointment, we will have you come into the office and escort you directly to the testing room.
- We will be checking everyone’s temperature upon arrival, including staff, via a non-intrusive digital thermometer.
- We also ask that if a patient, or anyone in their immediate family, has been exposed to someone with a fever, cough, cold, flu-like aches or fatigue within the past 14 days before their appointment or on the day of their appointment, to please call and reschedule.
- Of course, we will continue our vigilant cleaning and disinfecting of the office, our equipment and instruments and will use personal protective equipment to keep everyone as safe as possible.
As we get closer to reopening, there may be additional actions that we deem necessary.
We hope to see you very soon.